- Step 1: Cut tape Cut several strips of red duct tape 2 inches in length.
- TIP: Use other colors, such as yellow or white, for your rose.
- Step 2: Make a petal Fold the left corner of one of the squares, sticky side up, down towards the opposite corner, leaving some adhesive showing on the right side and the bottom.
- Step 3: Attach to wire Place the floral wire on top of the exposed adhesive on the bottom left side of your first petal. Wrap the tape around the wire.
- Step 4: Make more petals Make another rose petal. Tilt the petal slightly to the left, and secure it to the wire with the exposed adhesive next to the first petal.
- Step 5: Repeat Keep making and adding petals to the wire until you have a full rose.
- Step 6: Make a stem Cut a piece of tape twice the length of the stem. Cut or tear it lengthwise so it is one quarter its original width.
- Step 7: Wrap Wrap the tape along the wire and then cut away any excess tape.
- FACT: According to fossil evidence, the rose is 35 million years old.
You Will Need
- Red and green duct tape
- Floral wire