- Step 1: Keep a positive perspective Keep a positive outlook. Focus on all of the wonderful things in your life such as family, friends, and your accomplishments.
- TIP: Do not base your happiness on how much money you make. Wealth does not bring happiness. Mo' money, mo' problems.
- Step 2: Write what you are grateful for Write down on paper the things that you are thankful for every day.
- Step 3: Make goals Make realistic goals for yourself and celebrate your progress.
- Step 4: Engage in activities Engage in activities that demand physical and mental activity.
- Step 5: Develop relationships Invest your time and energy in your family and friends to develop and keep meaningful relationships.
- Step 6: Live in the moment Live in the moment and enjoy experiences as they happen. Embrace what you are doing and with whom you are doing it.
- Step 7: Volunteer Volunteer and help others in need. It is beneficial to all parties involved.
- Step 8: Think small Think small. Instead of worrying about things in the big picture that you can't control, think about little things that make you smile, such as a song or movie you like or a friendship that's important to you.
- FACT: Volunteering helps build self-esteem and confidence while helping strengthen communities and improving lives.
You Will Need
- A positive attitude
- A pen and paper
- Mental and physical activities
- A support group