- Step 1: Scour auction sites Scour auction web sites for great deals. Concentrate on established sellers with good feedback that provide proof of authenticity to avoid buying knockoffs.
- TIP: Purposely misspell the designer's name to find deals on shoes that won't come up in a traditional keyword search.
- Step 2: Try online discount retailers Try online discount retailers. In addition to already low prices, they frequently offer sales and clearance items.
- Step 3: Do a keyword search Enter the designer's name as well as the name of the shoe into a search engine to find sales from traditional online retailers.
- Step 4: Shop outlets Shop at outlet centers, which carry unsold items from high-end department stores. Check often -- you might even find your shoes on sale.
- TIP: Better merchandise goes to bigger markets, so bring an empty suitcase on your next visit to outlets in large cities like New York and Chicago.
- Step 5: Shop second-hand stores Shop local second-hand or consignment stores, especially those that specialize in high-end merchandise, since they carry mostly gently used shoes.
- Step 6: Find store sales Brave Black Friday -- the day after Thanksgiving -- to take advantage of department store sales. Other big sales occur at the ends of seasons, typically the ends of January and July.
- TIP: Sign up for coupons and sales alert e-mails from your favorite stores.
- Step 7: Do sample sales Sign up online to receive e-mail notifications about sample sales, especially if you live in a large city.
- FACT: Christian Louboutin, famous for shoes with his signature bright red soles, launched his career with "Love Pumps," which spell out the word love and were inspired by Princess Diana.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- Time to shop