- Step 1: Greet with a smile Greet everyone you see with a warm smile. Chances are they will smile back.
- Step 2: Initiate conversations Initiate conversations. Ask people about events in their life.
- TIP: Be enthusiastic when you talk to people to let them know you are excited to talk to them.
- Step 3: Listen Give people your undivided attention when they are talking to you.
- Step 4: Respond with empathy Respond to people with empathy. Be encouraging and supportive.
- TIP: If someone is telling you a story about something that made them angry, get angry with them.
- Step 5: Be positive Be positive. Do not talk negatively about other people.
- Step 6: Help others Volunteer your time for others in need. It could be to help someone move, to paint a room, or to help raise money for a charity.
- Step 7: Play a sport or hobby Play a sport or begin a hobby of interest and have fun.
- FACT: Kristin Chenoweth performed the song "Popular" on the original Broadway soundtrack to the musical Wicked.
You Will Need
- Listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Enthusiasm (optional)