- Step 1: Stop all contact Stop all contact with your ex. Do not write, call, e-mail, or text your ex, and avoid spending time where your ex does.
- Step 2: Accept the breakup Accept that the relationship is over and start looking for someone new.
- TIP: Nothing gets you over the last one like the next one.
- Step 3: Do not dwell on the past Do not dwell on the past. Move on as quickly as possible.
- Step 4: Share your feelings Confide how you are feeling with someone you can trust. Sometimes just talking about it can put things into perspective.
- Step 5: Treat yourself well Treat yourself well by eating healthy, exercising, and getting plenty of rest.
- Step 6: Keep busy Keep yourself busy by engaging in activities you enjoy. Go to the movies, to a concert, read a good book, or start a new hobby.
- FACT: Major depressive disorder affects over 14 million adults, 18 and older, each year.
You Will Need
- Healthy food