- Step 1: Know the rules Know your school’s rules before you make any purchases.
- Step 2: Start at the top Start at the top. Use all kinds of barrettes, headbands, and other hair ornaments. Or tie your hair back with scarves.
- Step 3: Accessorize with jewelry Pick up some cool jewelry--or make something your trademark, like a personalized necklace or unique ring.
- Step 4: Scarf it up Buy a variety of scarves and learn how to tie them in different ways. This alone will give you dozens of looks.
- TIP: As you add to your accessories, think colors and prints--especially if your school uniform is a somber solid, like navy blue.
- Step 5: Cinch it Forego the standard black leather belt for something unique, like one with a vintage buckle. Or use a scarf as a belt.
- Step 6: Tee time Sneak a bit of color under your regulation shirt with a brightly colored or cool tee.
- Step 7: Watch out Don’t forget watches--they are a great way to add pizzazz to your outfit.
- TIP: Girls can make a statement with their choice of manicure and polish.
- Step 8: Be footloose If you don’t have to wear a standard loafer or Oxford, shoes are an obvious way to put your best foot forward.
- Step 9: Carry it off Make your backpack a canvas for your personality with charms, pins, patches, and key chains. Or tie a scarf around a pocketbook for a more sophisticated look.
- Step 10: Wrap it up Wrap up your look with a carefully chosen sweater, hoodie, Pashmina, shrug, or cape.
- FACT: After California’s Long Beach Unified School District adopted a mandatory uniform policy, school crime dropped 76%.
You Will Need
- An image you want to project