- Step 1: Start with the inner tube Be prepared for tire repair. Have a spare inner tube as well as a mini-pump and a tire pressure gauge.
- Step 2: Finish tires Make sure you have a tube patch kit, a tire patch kit, and levers for removing the tire from the rim.
- Step 3: Pack a multi-tool Pack a multi-tool that includes different Allen wrenches and multiple screwdrivers.
- Step 4: Be prepared Pack a chain tool as well as a master chain link that fits your bike chain.
- Step 5: Pack it up Store everything in a seat pack fastened to your bike and take it with you whenever you ride.
- TIP: Refill used elements of your kit before you take the bike out again.
- Step 6: Personalize Personalize your kit so that it reflects the items you use most frequently. Now you can coast worry-free through any cycling adventure.
- FACT: There are two official interstate bike routes in the U.S. – Route 1 and Route 76. Both established in 1982, they run through Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Illinois.
You Will Need
- Spare inner tube
- Pressure gauge
- Tube patch kit
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Master chain link
- Seat pack