- Step 1: Remove plugs Remove the handlebar plugs first. Then loosen the brake and shift levers and slide them toward the middle of the bar.
- TIP: If you are not going to reuse the grip, cut it off with a utility knife.
- Step 2: Slide screwdriver Slide the screwdriver between the end of the grip and the handlebar and life up the grip. Then squirt a liberal amount of spray lubricant or rubbing alcohol into the space between.
- Step 3: Wiggle grip Wiggle and pull the grip out and away from the handlebar. Use an air compressor under the grip if you're unable to get it off.
- Step 4: Install new grips Install your new grips. Slide them over the handlebars the same way you slid the old ones off.
- FACT: The starting point of the Tour de France was held outside French borders for the very first time in 1954.
You Will Need
- Flathead screwdriver
- Spray lubricant
- Rubbing alcohol
- Air compressor
- Utility knife (optional)