- Step 1: Position cursor Position your cursor next to the text that you would like to copy.
- Step 2: Highlight text Click and hold the left mouse button, and then drag the cursor across the text that you want to copy.
- Step 3: Copy Right-click with your mouse, and select Copy from the drop-down menu.
- TIP: Press the Control and C keys simultaneously as a quicker alternative to copying text.
- Step 4: Prepare to paste Position your cursor in the location where you want to paste the copied text.
- Step 5: Paste Right click, and then select Paste from the drop-down menu.
- TIP: Hold the Control and V keys simultaneously as a quicker alternative to pasting text.
- Step 6: Save your work Don't forget to save you work!
- FACT: The QWERTY keyboard was originally designed as a means to keep typewriters from jamming due to type-bar clashing.
You Will Need
- Word processing program