- Step 1: Make a circle Arrange the six matching buttons in a circle, flat side up, with the edges touching. Place a dot of glue on each button nearest to the center of the circle.
- TIP: Hot glue or regular craft glue won't work.
- Step 2: Affix large button Affix the large button in the center of the circle, flat side down. Place a dab of glue in the center of the large button.
- TIP: Use a contrasting color for the center of shades of a single color.
- Step 3: Glue on small button Place the smallest button on the glue in the center of the large button and let the glue dry for 24 hours.
- Step 4: Attach pin backing Glue the pin backing onto the center of the back of the button flower.
- Step 5: Finish with felt Glue a small, circular piece of felt over the pin backing. Let it dry for a few hours and it'll be ready to wear.
- FACT: The Fashion Center Information Kiosk in the Garment District in New York City is marked by a sculpture of a 14-foot button.
You Will Need
- Six small buttons
- One large button
- One very small button
- A pin backing