- Step 1: Be personable, well organized, and a hard worker Decide if you have what it takes to be a good real estate agent. Agents must be personable, well organized, and willing to work hard.
- Step 2: Learn about your state's requirements Contact your state's real estate licensing commission to learn about license requirements. Education and test requirements vary from state to state.
- TIP: Take college courses in real estate, as well as finance, business, statistics, law, and communications to help prepare you for your real estate career.
- Step 3: Complete required education hours Complete the required education hours, learning about real estate law, regulations, and procedures.
- Step 4: Pass the qualifying exam Take and pass the qualifying exam.
- TIP: Some states require work experience before you can get a license.
- Step 5: Find a job Search for real estate companies that are hiring new agents. Start your new position, talk with your colleagues, and watch how they work to learn the tricks of the trade.
- Step 6: Complete licensure Complete all of the requirements to obtain your real estate license. Work hard and pay attention to details, and your career will soar.
- FACT: Elvis Presley's Graceland in Memphis is one of the most visited homes in America with over 600,000 visitors a year. It first opened for public tours in 1982.
You Will Need
- Real estate course
- Internet access
- College coursework (optional)