- Step 1: Crochet the insert Crochet the insert. Inserts can vary from a lace neckline to flowers to a simple doily.
- Step 2: Choose a garment Choose a piece of clothing for the project. Get creative and modify an old sweater with a hole on the sleeve, or spruce up a new dress that is a little too plain.
- Step 3: Position the insert Decide where to put the insert on the garment and then pin it in place on the outside of the garment.
- TIP: Sew the insert in place with long, loose stitches, also known as basting, to help hold the insert in place.
- Step 4: Whipstitch the insert Thread the needle and use tiny whipstitches to secure the insert in place.
- FACT: In 1793, Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin, a revolutionary machine that separated cotton fiber from the seeds.
You Will Need
- Crochet thread
- Crochet hook
- Crochet pattern
- Knit clothing
- Sewing pins
- Needle and thread