- Step 1: Make front and back Lay out a strip of duct tape 15 inches long, sticky side up. Add more strips of tape, overlapping one another by ½ inch, until it is 11 inches wide. Then add another layer of tape, sticky side to sticky side onto the first sheet to create the back of the bag. Make an identical sheet for the front.
- TIP: Use colored duct tape for one of the layers to have a bag that's colored on the outside and gray on the inside.
- Step 2: Create the sides and bottom Create the two side pieces of the bag in the same way, but measuring 5 inches wide by 11 inches long. Then make the bottom piece 5 inches by 15 inches.
- Step 3: Tape pieces together Assemble the front, back, sides, and bottom, taping the short sides of the two side pieces to the bottom; then tape the 15-inch sides of the front and back pieces to the long edges of the bottom. Fold the sides up and tape them together.
- Step 4: Finish edges Trim uneven sides and finish the top edges with folded tape to reinforce the seams.
- Step 5: Create top flap Create a trapezoidal top flap, 16 inches high, 15 inches wide on one end, and tapering to 10 inches wide on the other end. Affix the 15-inch end to the back piece.
- Step 6: Attach magnetic clips Push in the pins of the magnetic clips, flatten them, and tape them to the corners of the top flap at the 10-inch end. Align the clips with the front piece and tape the corresponding magnetic pairs on the front.
- Step 7: Make strap Make a double-sided tape strap, 2 inches wide by 60 inches long. Tape 12 inches of the strap on each side to the each side of the backpack and staple them securely into place.
- FACT: Duct tape can be used in the treatment of warts.
You Will Need
- Duct tape
- 2 magnetic purse clips
- Colored duct tape (optional)