- Step 1: Find a location Find a location for your first garden club meeting. It can be at your home or at a local nursery or garden center.
- Step 2: Set a date Set a date for the meeting.
- Step 3: Make a flyer Make a flyer advertising the meeting and inviting fellow garden lovers to come.
- TIP: Schedule a plant or seed exchange at the meeting to create interest.
- Step 4: Advertise Ask local nurseries, garden centers, libraries, and coffee shops if you can post your flyer at their locations.
- Step 5: Take out an ad Take out an ad in your local newspaper.
- Step 6: Ask about future meetings Ask the locations that help distribute your flyers if you can hold future meetings at their locations. They may even offer your club members a discount.
- Step 7: Combine resources Affiliate your club with a national, state, or local garden organization and combine your resources. Meet once a month -- happy gardening!
- FACT: During the 1500's in England, people did not eat tomatoes because they believed they were poisonous.
You Will Need
- Meeting venue
- Plant or seed excahnge (optional)