- Step 1: Budget Figure out how much you have in your budget to spend for a house. This will determine the types of houses to look for.
- Step 2: Start early Start looking as early as possible. Beach houses rent quickly, especially during peak vacation seasons.
- TIP: Contact local visitors' centers for help in deciding which beaches to visit.
- Step 3: Choose Choose between renting from a private owner or from an agency. You might get a better deal from an owner, but a better selection from an agency.
- TIP: Some owners want a deposit or the entire rent up front.
- Step 4: Negotiate Negotiate a price when you find a house you like. Depending on the season and your number of guests, you may get a deal.
- Step 5: Be respectful Be respectful of the owner’s rules for their house. You may lose your deposit if you aren’t.
- FACT: New Smyrna Beach in Florida has been dubbed the shark bite capital of the world.
You Will Need
- Negotiation skills
- Visitors' centers (optional)
- Deposit (optional)