- Step 1: Cut the cabbage Cut the head of cabbage in half and shred half of one half by slicing it several times to the center. Then break it up with your hands.
- TIP: You can also use a box grater to shred the cabbage.
- Step 2: Heat onions, butter, and mustard Melt the butter in a sturdy saute pan, and then add the diced onion and the mustard seed. Mix the ingredients together as they heat.
- Step 3: Add the cabbage Add the cabbage to the pan once the butter mixture is crackling and popping.
- Step 4: Add salt and pepper Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cabbage, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the cabbage is tender and begins to brown.
- Step 5: Serve the cabbage Place the cabbage on a plate once it has cooked down and steamed itself. Serve as a side dish and enjoy.
- FACT: It takes 2½ to 3 months to produce a crop of cabbage from sowing to marketing.
You Will Need
- Head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Sautu00e9 pan
- Medium diced onion
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Box grater (optional)