- Step 1: Count calories Count your calories and keep a journal of your intake. In order to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume.
- Step 2: Eat a balanced diet Eat a balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, lean meats, beans, nuts, and whole grains.
- TIP: Eat five to six small meals throughout the day.
- Step 3: Add protein to diet Increase your protein intake to increase metabolism and to build and repair muscle.
- Step 4: Incorporate cardio Incorporate cardio exercises into your program three to four times a week.
- TIP: Elevate your heart for 30 to 40 minutes without a break to burn fat.
- Step 5: Include weight training Include weight training and core exercises to tone and increase muscle mass.
- Step 6: Repair and build Repair and rebuild your muscles by giving your body a day to rest. Over-training can hinder your efforts.
- Step 7: Forgive yourself Forgive yourself if you fall off track. Every day is a new beginning.
- FACT: You must lose 3,500 excess calories to lose 1 pound of body fat.
You Will Need
- Balanced diet
- Cardio exercises
- Weight training