- Step 1: Learn the school Avoid first-day jitters by visiting your school and becoming familiar with the area before the first day.
- TIP: Get a map and carry it with you until you become comfortable with your surroundings.
- Step 2: Find an outfit Lay out the perfect first day outfit the night before your first day. Waiting until morning can add stress to your day.
- Step 3: Pack your backpack Pack your backpack the night before. Make sure you have all the supplies you need.
- Step 4: Get a good night's rest Get a good night's sleep the night before your first day.
- Step 5: Eat breakfast Eat breakfast. It will keep you alert and focused.
- Step 6: Pack your lunch Pack a healthy lunch.
- Step 7: Think positive Think positive and introduce yourself to others. They're probably just as nervous as you and would welcome someone to talk to.
- FACT: More than 19 million American adults are affected by anxiety disorders each year.
You Will Need
- School supplies
- Healthy lunch
- Positive attitude
- Map (optional)