- Step 1: Log your food intake Log your daily food intake. In order to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume.
- Step 2: Eat a balanced diet Eat a balanced diet that includes fruits and vegetables. Add protein to your diet for muscle growth and repair.
- Step 3: Decrease calories Reduce your daily calorie intake by 100 to 200 calories.
- Step 4: Vary exercise program Keep your muscles guessing by varying your exercise regimen with cycling, swimming, and yoga.
- TIP: Increase the speed, intensity, and duration of your workout.
- Step 5: Add weight training Build and preserve muscle mass by adding weight training to your exercise program.
- Step 6: Wear a pedometer Wear a pedometer to track your daily steps. Aim for 10,000 steps daily.
- TIP: Use the stairs instead of elevators whenever possible.
- Step 7: Give your body a rest Take a day off to repair and rebuild your muscles so you can get past your plateau.
- FACT: Every 2,000 steps you take burns 100 calories.
You Will Need
- Balanced diet
- Calorie reduction
- Varied exercise regimen