- Step 1: Present the coloring book Present the coloring book to the audience. While holding your thumb at the bottom of the book, quickly flip the pages to reveal a blank coloring book.
- Step 2: Recruit an assistant Ask the audience for an assistant. Pick a child from the audience.
- TIP: A magic wand always makes a trick look more authentic. Let your assistant hold it.
- Step 3: Explain how the trick works. Position your thumb on the book so that it retains different-sized pages. When your thumb is at the top, it shows black and white pages; at the bottom, blank pages; and in the middle, color pages.
- Step 4: Make a picture appear Hold up the book and tell the audience that you will magically add pictures to the blank book. Have your assistant wave the magic wand.
- TIP: When it is time to say the magic words, get everyone excited. Ask the audience to say 'abracadabra' along with you on the count of three.
- Step 5: Reveal black and white pictures Hold your thumb at the top corner of the book and quickly flip the pages to reveal black and white pictures.
- Step 6: Add color Add some color to the book by having your assistant wave the wand. Hold your thumb in the middle edge of the book and flip the pages to reveal colored pictures.
- FACT: Did you know? Walter Rolfo and Piero Ustignani hold the Guinness Record for pulling 300 rabbits out of a hat in less than 30 minutes.
You Will Need
- Magic coloring book
- Magic wand (optional)