- Step 1: Open the vase Open the vase to reveal a colored ball in the cup of the base.
- Step 2: Put the ball in your pocket Put the ball in your pocket and tell your audience you are going to make the ball reappear in the vase.
- Step 3: Make the ball reappear Replace the top of the vase and wave your hand over it.
- TIP: Uttering a magical incantation while waving your hand will add to the illusion.
- Step 4: Lift the trick top Lift the trick top, showing a secret compartment and revealing a second, "gimmick" ball, glued inside.
- TIP: Keep the vase as still as possible while the gimmick ball is shown. People will wonder why it doesn’t move like a real ball.
- Step 5: Make it disappear Make the ball disappear by replacing the trick top, waving your hand over it, and reopening the vase while holding the false bottom in place.
- Step 6: Show the ball in your pocket Make the ball magically "reappear" in your pocket by taking it out of your pocket to reveal the real ball that was there all along.
- FACT: A 600-year-old Ming vase sold for $10 million in 2006 – the most expensive Ming porcelain ever sold.
You Will Need