- Step 1: Bring the essentials Stock your campsite with essential items like insect repellent and flashlights.
- TIP: Try to have everything at the campsite that you will need so you won't have to make repeated trips back to the house.
- Step 2: Set up a tent Set up a tent or lay a tarp on the ground where you can spread out your sleeping bags if you plan to camp under the stars.
- Step 3: Bring a table Place a picnic table – or set up a portable table – in your backyard campsite to simplify meal preparation.
- Step 4: Bring a fire pit Equip your campsite with an outdoor fire pit and a grill.
- FACT: Campfire temperatures are usually in the range of 1,112 degrees Fahrenheit.
You Will Need
- Basic camping supplies
- Tent or tarp
- Sleeping bags
- Picnic table or portable table
- Fire pit and grill