- Step 1: Preheat oven Preheat your oven to 150 degrees while you mix the lemon juice and salt in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Slice apples Peel, core, and slice the apples into ¼-inch pieces.
- Step 3: Soak apples Soak the apple slices in the lemon juice mixture for 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove apples Remove the apples and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Step 5: Put on baking sheet Place the apples in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 6 hours.
- TIP: If the apples begin to curl, flip them over.
- Step 6: Spray with acrylic Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the apples cool. Then remove them to a work surface and spray the apples with two coats of acrylic spray.
- Step 7: Let dry Let the spray dry between coats. Then cut and shape the pieces and get to crafting.
- FACT: Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit.
You Will Need
- 2 c. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. salt
- Paper towels
- Baking sheet
- Matte or clear acrylic spray