- Step 1: Accept Accept the facts of your situation.
- TIP: Be objective without pointing a finger or making yourself a victim.
- Step 2: Understand Understand the reasons why the person hurt you. People are rarely malicious without reason. Most conflicts arise from misunderstanding.
- Step 3: Look back Look back on a time when someone forgave you and remember how that made you feel. Understand that we all make mistakes.
- Step 4: Focus on positives Focus on all that is positive in your life.
- Step 5: Manage stress Manage your stress to help suppress anger and resentment.
- Step 6: Commit to forgiving Commit yourself to forgiving the person that caused you pain.
- Step 7: Accept apology Let them know that you accept their apology and be genuine in your forgiveness.
- FACT: A decrease in heart rate, blood pressure, sweat levels, and facial tension occurred in people who imagined receiving an apology after feeling wronged.
You Will Need
- Stress management