- Step 1: Let out your emotions Let out your emotions. Cry, scream, yell, and cry again.
- Step 2: Take time to heal Take time to heal after a breakup. Accept that it is over and focus on your needs.
- TIP: Pamper yourself with some time off from work. Get a massage or a new hairdo.
- Step 3: Keep busy Keep yourself busy. Take up a new hobby, watch a funny movie, read a book, or join a new activity.
- Step 4: Get support Hang out with a supportive group of people such as friends, neighbors, and family members who can lend an ear and help cheer you up.
- Step 5: Clean up Get rid of anything that reminds you of him and decorate your home with pictures of great moments with friends and family.
- TIP: Seek professional help if you are having difficulties moving on.
- Step 6: Start dating again Get out and start dating again when you are ready. Attend functions or events for singles. Have fun and meet new people.
- FACT: First marriages that end in divorce typically last 8 years.
You Will Need
- Hobbies and activities
- Support group
- Massage (optional)
- New 'do (optional)
- Professional help (optional)