- Step 1: Write down promises Write down promises you have made to yourself and to others on a piece of paper.
- TIP: Break down big promises into smaller steps.
- Step 2: Organize Organize your schedule in order to keep promises.
- Step 3: Track your promises Track the progress of your promises in a journal.
- Step 4: Look at consequences Examine the consequences you will encounter if you break a promise.
- Step 5: Make a promise Make promises that you can keep.
- Step 6: Do not make excuses Do not make up excuses that will deter you from fulfilling your promises.
- Step 7: Recommit Recommit yourself if you break a promise. Apologize to others if you let them down, and then get back on track.
- FACT: In 2008, there were 2,162,000 marriages in the United States.
You Will Need
- Pen and paper