- Step 1: Shoot out of the box Hit the ground running -- just insert a compatible memory card, charge the battery, and start taking pictures. Line up shots using the 2.7-inch, wide-angle PureColor System LCD; it's scratch-resistant, anti-reflective, and features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- TIP: A 32-gig memory card can store over 10,000 high-quality images.
- Step 2: Find great shots Use the SD940's 12.1 megapixel resolution, 28-millimeter lens, and optical zoom -- which magnifies shots up to four times -- to take great pictures wherever you are. Shoot with confidence even when you're moving; the SD940's Optical Image Stabilizer automatically adjusts for unsteady hands.
- Step 3: Focus on quality To engage auto focus and face detection, press the shutter button down halfway before you shoot. Activate red-eye correction to improve results when using the flash, and blink detection to find out automatically if anyone closed their eyes during your photo.
- TIP: With the Face Detection Self-Timer, the camera waits until an additional face enters the frame before starting its countdown.
- Step 4: Give yourself a break Be prepared for any scenario with Smart AUTO mode and let the DIGIC 4 image processor pick from 22 different shooting situations to find the best settings for your picture. Turn it on and relax -- all you have to do is point and click for beautiful images in virtually any environment.
- Step 5: Take control Switch to Program mode to program the camera's settings manually. Use Canon's on-screen instructions and tips to help you make the right adjustments.
- Step 6: Direct your life Record high definition video with sound in 720p HD. Play back immediately on the LCD screen or run the included component AV cable from the camera to your television for playback on your home theater system.
- TIP: If you have an HDTV, use an HDMI cable to show photos and movies in high definition.
- Step 7: Save and print Transfer your images to your computer for storage and printing -- connect the camera to your computer with the included cable, load the software included on the Digital Camera Solution disk, and follow the on-screen instructions. Got a Mac? The SD940 is compatible.
- Step 8: Get it to go Take the SD940 with you anywhere you go -- even with so many features, it's smaller and lighter than most smart phones and fits perfectly into pockets and purses. Choose from four colors to make the Canon SD940 the perfect new accessory for your photographic life.
- FACT: Canon USA, Inc. was initially called Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory.
You Will Need
- Canon PowerShot SD940 IS
- Memory card
- Fondness for photography
- Microphone (optional)