- Step 1: Vacuum carpets and windowsills Vacuum your floors on a regular basis to eliminate any spider eggs. Use an attachment to vacuum corners and windowsills.
- Step 2: Remove cobwebs Remove cobwebs whenever they appear.
- Step 3: Use a dehumidifier in the basement Use a dehumidifier to eliminate spiders from your basement.
- TIP: Maintain a 40 percent humidity level.
- Step 4: Eliminate the food source Eliminate food sources by exterminating insects the spiders are feeding on.
- Step 5: Prevent entry Prevent the entry of spiders in your home by sealing your windows and doors.
- TIP: Install a screen on the outside of your dryer vent to prevent spider entry.
- Step 6: Use eucalyptus and hedge apples Force spiders out of their hiding spots by putting eucalyptus leaves or hedge apples where you most commonly see spiders.
- Step 7: Enjoy your home Enjoy your home, free of these unwanted visitors.
- FACT: The venom of a black widow is 15 times more toxic than rattlesnake venom.
You Will Need
- Vacuum with attachment
- Window and door seals
- Eucalyptus leaves
- Hedge apples
- Dryer screen (optional)