- Step 1: Bend knees Bend your knees and get into a squatting position.
- Step 2: Place palms on floor Place your palms on the floor with your elbows slightly bent.
- Step 3: Tuck your head in Tuck your head in as you straighten your legs, pushing your bottom into the air, and roll the back of your head onto a soft, flat surface. Do not put the top of your head on the floor.
- TIP: Keep your chin tucked into your chest and your back rounded.
- Step 4: Push with your legs Straighten your legs as you softly push your bottom over your head.
- Step 5: Stand up Lean forward and reach your hands out as you push your legs straight and finish the somersault and land in a standing position.
- FACT: In 1984, Mary Lou Retton became the first American to win an Olympic all-around gold medal in gymnastics.
You Will Need
- Soft surface