- Step 1: Find out the school's policy Check with the school to find out if they have a policy with regard to gifts. Some schools frown on the practice.
- Step 2: Talk with your child Learn the teacher's interests to get ideas about what the teacher would like.
- TIP: A gift that relates directly to the teacher's vocation is always a safe bet.
- Step 3: Go shopping Go shopping with your child and let them select a gift if you choose to buy one.
- Step 4: Avoid handmade gifts Avoid making gifts. Most teachers have accumulated so many handmade gifts that they can't display them all.
- Step 5: Organize collection Organize a collection among parents of other students to purchase one big gift if people are interested.
- Step 6: Consider a gift card Consider giving the teacher a gift card so that they can get themselves something they can use.
- FACT: In 2009, approximately 4.2 million public school students enrolled in the 9th grade in the United States.
You Will Need