- Step 1: Cut a wooden rectangle Cut a piece of bark or a thin, pliable piece of wood into a rectangle, 7 inches long and 5 inches wide.
- Step 2: Cut slits for your eyes Estimate the distance between your eyes. Using a knife or sharp object, cut two slits in the bark for your eyes.
- TIP: The eye slits should be no more than 1/8 inch wide.
- Step 3: Cut a nose bridge Cut out a bridge for your nose from the bottom center of the piece of wood.
- Step 4: Attach a cord Cut two holes in the upper corners of the goggles, and attach a cord to each hole.
- TIP: Fashion cords from plant material if you have no other option.
- Step 5: Secure the cords Tie the two cord ends together around your head to secure the goggles in place.
- FACT: Exposure to UVB radiation is the main cause of snow blindness.
You Will Need
- Bark or pliable piece of wood
- Knife or sharp object
- 2 18" cords