- : Consult a doctor before starting this diet. The diet usually begins in the hospital where the person is observed closely.
- Step 1: Fast the body Fast for 24 to 36 hours until the body produces a moderate to high amount of ketone.
- Step 2: Keep ketone levels high Keep ketone levels high by following a low-calorie diet that is high in fat.
- TIP: A meal can include a small piece of fruit, chicken, and a high-fat item like butter or mayonnaise.
- Step 3: Follow the specific diet Follow the diet precisely. Any slip in the diet will make it less effective.
- Step 4: Measure and weigh food Measure and weigh all food. Prepare meals in advance to make it easier.
- Step 5: Take vitamins Take vitamins and minerals. Your body will not get enough nutrients for healthy growth.
- Step 6: Contact your doctor Contact your doctor if seizures, vomiting, constipation or behavior changes occur.
- FACT: An electroencephalogram is a test to diagnose epilepsy. The test detects electrical activity in the brain.
You Will Need
- Meal plan
- Measuring cups and scale
- Vitamin and mineral supplements