- Step 1: Outline your tree Decide on the height and width of your tree, and whether or not it will have branches.
- Step 2: Make the trunk Trace the outline of a trunk and branches on large pieces of brown butcher paper or poster board. Then cut along the outline with a sharp pair of scissors.
- TIP: For added texture, cut pieces of brown construction paper into four parts. Glue each part onto the butcher paper to make bark.
- Step 3: Create the leaves Sketch the outline of your greenery on a piece of green butcher paper or poster board. Then cut out the shapes and glue them to the branches.
- Step 4: Make the apples Trace apple shapes onto red construction paper. Then cut them out and glue them onto the tree's greenery.
- TIP: Allow children to individually decorate apples with crayons, markers, or paint.
- Step 5: Join the pieces Glue the upper greenery and braches to the trunk. Then hang the entire tree onto a bulletin board, wall, or refrigerator door.
- FACT: Johnny Appleseed’s real name was John Chapman.
You Will Need
- Brown and green butcher paper or poster board
- Red construction paper
- Brown construction paper (optional)
- or paint (optional)
- Sponges or paintbrushes