- Step 1: Make dry roasted caterpillars Make dry roasted caterpillars. Place frozen caterpillars on a baking sheet and bake them at 200 degrees for 1 to 3 hours, until they're crispy. Serve the caterpillars with your favorite condiment.
- Step 2: Make corn borer corn bread Make corn borer cornbread muffins by preparing cornbread batter, stirring in the borers, and baking the muffins according to package directions.
- Step 3: Eat live Eat a live witchetty grub. Hold it by the head, lower it into your mouth, bite it off at the neck, and chew.
- TIP: Chew quickly because it will be wiggling around.
- Step 4: Make fried green caterpillars Make fried green caterpillars. Remove the intestines and stomachs and boil the caterpillars for 5 minutes.
- Step 5: Dry in oven Place the boiled caterpillars on a baking sheet and bake them at 200 degrees until they're dried. Then fry them in oil until they're crispy. Enjoy!
- FACT: The caterpillar has approximately 4,000 separate muscles, whereas humans have 792 distinct muscles.
You Will Need
- Frozen caterpillars
- Cornbread mix
- Dry roasted borers
- Witchetty grubs
- Green caterpillars