- Step 1: Cut two strips of duct tape Cut two strips of duct tape, 56 inches in length.
- TIP: Choose any duct tape color for your tie.
- Step 2: Stick together Stick the two strips of duct tape together, sticky side to sticky side.
- Step 3: Trace tie shape Use your pen to trace a tie shape by placing the real tie on top of your duct tape.
- Step 4: Cut out the tie Cut out the tie shape with your scissors.
- Step 5: Decorate Cut strips and different shapes from duct tape and give your tie a pattern. Make stripes, polka dots, or paisleys. Use a variety of colors to garnish your tie.
- FACT: Stripes on American ties usually run from the top right to the bottom left while English ties run from top left to bottom right.
You Will Need
- Colored duct tape
- Measuring tape