- Step 1: Embrace your strengths Welcome the strengths you possess. The right hemisphere of the brain, which directs music, art, perception, emotions, and other forms of abstract thinking, is dominant in lefties.
- TIP: Famous lefties include Albert Einstein, Charlie Chaplin, Babe Ruth, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Mark Twain.
- Step 2: Hone your adaptibility Sharpen your ability to use right-handed tools. Because your world is dominated by right-handed products, you can adapt to right-handed tools more easily than righties to left-handed products.
- Step 3: Perfect your penmanship Practice your writing grip. Hold your pencil 1 inch from the point, keep your wrist straight and below the writing line, and tilt the paper to accommodate your posture.
- Step 4: Specialize your products Get specialized left-handed tools and products. Left-handed scissors, garden tools, and kitchen products are available online and at specialty stores.
- Step 5: Go for it Follow your interests to the greatest of your ability, whether you like to crochet or play baseball. Online tutorials for lefties and lots of practice can help you excel as a southpaw.
- FACT: About 13 percent of the world’s population is left-handed. Left-handedness is believed to be genetic and runs in families.
You Will Need
- Left-handed dominance
- Common tools for left-handed living
- Specialty stores
- Internet access