- Step 1: Be a role model Be a role model by treating your children the way they should treat others. Be respectful and loving.
- TIP: Surround them with people who share the same values as you.
- Step 2: Teach responsibility Teach your children to be responsible by giving them chores and helping them to complete tasks.
- TIP: If you subscribe to spiritual beliefs, instill similar beliefs in your children.
- Step 3: Praise your children Praise your children for their positive actions.
- Step 4: Get involved Get involved in your children's lives. Get to know their friends, their friend's parents, and their teachers.
- Step 5: Monitor their activities Monitor their exposure to music, video games, TV, and the internet.
- Step 6: Value the time Spend time with your children. Your presence plays a positive role in their lives.
- FACT: In 2008, the U.S. video game market reached over $21 billion in sales.
You Will Need
- Good values