- Step 1: Stack beers Stack a layer of beers, horizontally, on the bottom of the empty cooler.
- TIP: Don't pack the beer in so tightly that there's no room for ice to flow between cans or bottles.
- Step 2: Pour ice Pour ice over the beer.
- Step 3: Sprinkle salt Sprinkle rock salt on top; it lowers the freezing point of ice, meaning the ice will melt into a freezing cold beer bath.
- : Be sure to warn guests that there's rock salt in the ice so they don't unwittingly eat it!
- Step 4: Stack second layer Neatly stack a second layer of beer into the cooler.
- Step 5: Apply more ice Apply more ice and rock salt.
- Step 6: Keep adding layers Keep adding new layers of beer, ice and salt until your cooler is full, and then keep the lid on—when there aren't hands reaching in for another.
- FACT: Some beer connoisseurs believe beer tastes best at no less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
You Will Need
- A large cooler
- A few bags of ice
- Cans or bottle of beers
- And a box of rock salt