- Step 1: Shop eco-friendly Shop eco-friendly by buying products in bulk or concentrate to reduce paper packaging waste. Choose products with minimal packaging.
- TIP: Nails, screws, wire, and other hardware items may be purchased loose from many home improvement and hardware stores to reduce paper packaging.
- Step 2: Go electronic Go electronic and text yourself your "to do" lists and memos. Send e-cards, pay bills online, eliminate junk mail, and invest in an e-reader.
- Step 3: Change print practices Change your print practices to include using the "print range" feature to print only what is needed. Use the double-sided printing feature and e-mail documents whenever possible.
- Step 4: Choose reusables Use reusable containers, napkins, and handkerchiefs.
- Step 5: Make the switch Make the switch to toilet paper and other items produced with recycled paper and next time you hug a tree, you might get a hug back.
- FACT: Did you know? Experts estimate that between 2000 and 2005, about 1 percent of the planet's total forested area disappeared.
You Will Need
- Shop eco-friendly
- Use electronic devices
- Rethink your print practices
- Reusable containers
- Cloth napkins and handkerchiefs
- Recycled toilet paper