- Step 1: Mix dry ingredients Mix the flour, sugar, powdered milk, baking powder, and salt together in the large bowl.
- Step 2: Mix in shortening Use a fork or pastry blender to mix in the shortening.
- TIP: The mixture should have a slightly mealy texture after adding the shortening.
- Step 3: Put into a container Put the mixture into a container, put the lid on, and store it in a cool dry place.
- Step 4: Use within 2 months Use the baking mix within two months to keep ingredients from spoiling. Use as you would any other baking mix and enjoy a quick hot stack of pancakes or biscuits any time you want.
- FACT: In the U.K., Fat Tuesday is known as Pancake Day. People traditionally eat pancakes, toss pancakes, and have pancake races.
You Will Need
- 9 c. all-purpose flour
- u00bc c. sugar
- 2u00bd c. non-fat powdered milk
- u2153 c. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 c. vegetable shortening
- Large mixing bowl
- Pastry blender
- Container with a lid