- Step 1: Set goals Set goals for yourself and write them down. Keep your list in a place where you can review it everyday.
- Step 2: Put out workout clothes Keep your workout clothes in plain sight. Hang them where you will see them every day.
- TIP: Lay them out next to your bed or keep them in your car or at work.
- Step 3: Make it routine Make your exercise routine a habit. Include it in your daily schedule.
- Step 4: Think of the consequences Think of the negative consequences of skipping a workout. Get angry at yourself and get back on track.
- Step 5: Focus on positives Focus on the benefits of exercising, such as improving your health or fitting into your skinny jeans.
- Step 6: Work out with a friend Work out with a friend or relative and track each other's progress.
- Step 7: Reward yourself Reward yourself when you accomplish your goals with a massage, a mini-vacation, or a new outfit.
- FACT: Did you know? A 2009 study showed that men who jogged or otherwise exercised fairly intensely for at least 30 minutes a day had a 50 percent reduction in the risk of dying prematurely from cancer.
You Will Need
- List of goals
- Workout clothes
- Workout partner