- Step 1: Determine the room to wallpaper Decide which room you want to wallpaper and measure the walls, top to bottom and side to side, to determine the square footage you need.
- Step 2: Take pictures Take pictures of the room and collect pictures from magazines that appeal to you and inspire you to decorate.
- Step 3: Collect samples Collect fabric and color samples of paint, upholstery, and wall coverings that will be used in the room.
- Step 4: Start shopping Start shopping. Leaf through wallpaper sample books to determine the texture, color, and design that will compliment your room.
- TIP: Shop in stores before shopping online.
- Step 5: Order samples Order large samples and hang them in the room. Study them at different times of the day and in different lighting conditions.
- Step 6: Choose your favorite Select your favorite and comparison shop. Shop in stores and online to find the best prices and customer service for achieving your room’s new look.
- FACT: Did you know? Christophe-Philippe Oberkampf invented the first machine that printed wallpaper in 1785.
You Will Need
- Room that needs updating
- Measuring tape
- Magazine samples
- Fabric and color swatches
- Internet access
- Time to shop