- Step 1: Determine the size Figure out how much fabric you need. Measure a segment of duct tape with a tape measure and mark the length and width with a pencil.
- Step 2: Cut off strips of tape Cut off strips of tape with the scissors. Overlap the strips by ½ inch to make sheets of duct tape fabric.
- TIP: Duct tape comes in 20 colors, including camouflage. Vary the color of your fabrics for a complementary effect.
- Step 3: Overlap the strips of tape Flip the sheet 90 degrees and cover the sticky side with a perpendicular strip of tape. Continue until the whole swatch is covered, with no sticky sides visible.
- Step 4: Repeat the steps Repeat the previous steps to create as many full sheets of fabric as you need.
- Step 5: Trim the edges Trim the edges for a smooth finish. Now you can piece together your duct tape fabric to make an assortment of items.
- FACT: Duct tape was used to repair the Apollo 7 moonbuggy and to keep lunar dust out of moving parts.
You Will Need
- Measuring tape
- Duct tape