- Step 1: Begin in womb Begin bonding with your baby during your pregnancy by getting an ultrasound.
- Step 2: Touch Enjoy skin-to-skin contact with your baby after they're born. Lay your naked baby on your bare chest and hold and cradle your baby.
- TIP: Take a bath with your baby.
- Step 3: Feed the baby Mothers can bond with their baby by breastfeeding while fathers can bond by bottle-feeding.
- Step 4: Make eye contact Look into each other's eyes. Make eye contact and enjoy the moments when your baby mimics your facial expressions.
- Step 5: Talk Communicate with your baby. Tell them a story, read them a book, or sing them a song.
- Step 6: Exercise Exercise with your baby. Join a class specifically designed for parents and their babies.
- Step 7: Enjoy each other Enjoy each other and the time you spend together. Time is as fragile as they are.
- FACT: A baby is born in America every 7 seconds.
You Will Need
- Alone time