- Step 1: Read and take notes Read the book and take notes. Write down the names of major characters, the main ideas of the book, and any memorable quotes.
- Step 2: Title the report Give the book report a creative title that includes the name of the book.
- Step 3: Begin with basic information Begin the report with an engaging introductory paragraph that includes the author's name, the title of the book, whether it is fiction or nonfiction, the genre, and the number of pages.
- TIP: Include relevant biographical information.
- Step 4: Summarize the book Summarize the book in the next paragraph. Give a brief overlook of the plot, the main characters, the subject of the book, and the setting.
- Step 5: Analyze the thesis Give a brief analysis of the subject of the book in the next paragraph. Write about the author's point of view of the subject, also known as the thesis statement.
- TIP: Follow your teacher's guidelines on the book report.
- Step 6: Give your opinion State your opinion in the next paragraph. Use concrete examples such as quotes or specific details to explain why you liked or disliked the book.
- Step 7: Write conclusion Conclude the report with a paragraph on whether you would recommend the book, and who you would recommend it to.
- FACT: Did you know? Written in the early 1600s, Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes is considered the first modern novel.
You Will Need
- Word processing software