- Step 1: Clean your teeth Keep your teeth clean by brushing and flossing at least twice a day. Brush for 2 minutes and use a fluoride rinse to finish your cleaning regimen.
- TIP: Add baking soda to your toothpaste. Baking soda is a natural, gentle abrasive that can help remove plaque from teeth, keeping them clean and white.
- Step 2: Eat right Avoid sugars and starches that can cause tooth decay. Eat your vegetables. Some vegetables and fruits, such as apples and carrots, can help clean your teeth. Don’t forget to eat dairy products. Products like yogurt, milk, and cheese can help neutralize acids and minimize cavities.
- TIP: If you’re a fan of fizzy, sugary, or caffeinated beverages, use a straw to reduce staining and sensitivity.
- Step 3: Drink water Drink lots of water. Drinking water after meals or other beverages can keep stains at bay and keep your breath fresh. Tap water is best because it contains helpful minerals like fluoride.
- Step 4: Visit the dentist Make regular visits to your dentist. This will ensure that your teeth are kept clean, white, and strong. Dentists can also catch problems early and recommend treatment options. A beautiful smile is your reward.
- FACT: Did you know? The peroxides used in tooth bleach, hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide, produce free radicals that can damage cells of the gums or pulp inside teeth.
You Will Need
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Fluoride rinse
- Good eating habits
- Baking soda (optional)
- Straws (optional)