- Step 1: Edit your stuff Edit your collection to eliminate the items you no longer like or use. Give them to a friend, sell them on Craigslist, or donate them to Goodwill, but get rid of the castoffs.
- Step 2: Sort the items Separate the accessories by type. Put your chunky jewelry in one pile and delicate chains in another. Sort belts and scarves by color, and classify your hair accessories.
- Step 3: Determine the best spot Choose where you want to keep each particular collection. Hair accessories can go in a bathroom or vanity, jewelry and sunglasses fit in or on top of dressers, and scarves and belts can go in a closet.
- TIP: Pick the container best suited for the job. Use mid-sized, clear boxes with compartments for miscellaneous sunglasses, jewelry, and hair accessories. Consider an over-the-door belt and scarf hanger for easy access.
- Step 4: Pack it up Classify and pack each item in a container. Tuck containers into closets or drawers. Stack your containers if space permits.
- TIP: Protect your expensive jewels. Fabric-lined boxes or compartments minimize abrasions. Invest in a diversion safe to keep your valuables safe.
- Step 5: Stick with it Maintain your organizational routine. Neatly pack away all your accessories at night to avoid tangled chains, knotted scarves, and jumbled hair clips.
- FACT: The largest diamond ever discovered, the Cullinan diamond, measured 3,106 carats in its uncut form. It was discovered in 1905 in South Africa, and was eventually cut into 9 large and 100 small stones.
You Will Need
- Storage containers
- Diversion safe (optional)