- Step 1: Wipe your rear Wipe your rear end before approaching the bidet to prevent excess waste from washing into the bidet.
- Step 2: Turn on the water Turn on the water, starting with the hot tap if it has one, and gradually adjusting the cold tap to a comfortable temperature.
- TIP: Test the water temperature with your hand to ensure it is not too warm for your more sensitive areas. Burns on your nether regions can really put a damper on your day.
- Step 3: Adjust the spray Adjust the valves slowly until the spray reaches between 6 and 10 inches.
- Step 4: Face the water valves Face the water valves and approach the bidet.
- TIP: If you are wearing pants or shorts, you may need to squat over the bidet, facing away from the valves.
- Step 5: Sit on the bidet Straddle the bidet and sit down. Adjust your bum so the water spray hits where you need it, and use soap to cleanse your hind end or genitals.
- Step 6: Dry off Turn off the water and use toilet paper or paper towels to dry off. Throw the paper into a trash can, not the bidet.
- Step 7: Wash your hands Pull your clothing back up, wash your hands, and enjoy that fresh, just-out-of-the-shower feeling.
- FACT: Did you know? In 1596, Sir John Harrington invented the first flush toilet for Queen Elizabeth.
You Will Need
- Toilet paper or paper towels