- Step 1: Select a covering Choose two pieces of fabric of the same size for the outer covering for the squeaky toy.
- TIP: Use heavier fabrics, like denim or corduroy, for larger or more exuberant dogs.
- Step 2: Sew the covering Put the fabric pieces together and sew three sides together, leaving the fourth open. Clip loose threads and turn the pouch inside out.
- Step 3: Fill the toy Fill the toy with loose fabric scraps.
- Step 4: Insert the squeak Wrap the squeaky in fabric and sew the ends of the fabric. Then tuck the squeaky into the middle of the pouch.
- TIP: Squeaky inserts are available at most pet stores.
- Step 5: Continue stuffing Add more fabric scraps until the toy is firm.
- Step 6: Close the toy Leave enough room to fold the open side of the toy over, and then sew it tightly closed. Squeak the toy to grab your dog's attention and start a game of fetch.
- FACT: Did you know? Mosaics meaning "Beware the Dog" were found on doorsteps in ancient Roman cities.
You Will Need
- Fabric scraps
- Strong thread
- Squeaky device
- Optional: Denim or corduroy
- Optional: Pet store