- Step 1: Ask her to stop Ask your sister to stop taking your clothes without your permission. Remind her that she wouldn’t like it if you took her clothes.
- TIP: Yelling, screaming, and hitting your sister is not an effective way of dealing with this problem.
- Step 2: Enlist your parents Enlist the help of your parents. Explain what is happening and ask for their help in getting your sister to understand that taking your things is wrong.
- Step 3: Buy clothes to share Designate certain clothes that you don’t mind sharing and let borrow those. Make it clear that others are completely off limits.
- TIP: Get a lock for your bedroom or closet door.
- Step 4: Give her a consequence Give her a consequence – every time she takes something of yours, you will take something of hers. Follow through every time.
- Step 5: Be flattered If all else fails, be flattered that she admires your style, but don’t forget to remind her at every opportunity how obvious it is that she wants to be just like you.
- FACT: Did you know? Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters won the Oscars for Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, and Best Original Screenplay in 1986.
You Will Need
- Clothes to share
- Optional: Lock